§ Mr. Austin Mitchell
To ask the Secretary of State for Education and Skills if he will make a statement on the funding available per pupil to schools in (a) North East Lincolnshire and (b) the South East of England from (i) central and (ii) local government.—
§ Mr. Miliband
The information requested is contained in the following table:
£ Total funding per pupil Total funding per pupil (inc pensions transfer) (i) Funding from central government 2003–04 North East Lincolnshire 3,560 3,630 South East with London Government Office Regions 3,990 4,070 ( ii) Funding from local government 2003–04 NE Lincolnshire 3,980 — South East with London Government Office Regions 4,400 —
Notes to funding from central government:
1. Figures reflect education SSA/EFS settlement (all sub-blocks) plus revenue grants in DfES departmental Expenditure Limits relevant to EFS pupils aged 3–19.
2. Figures exclude EMAs and grants not allocated at LEA level. They also exclude pensions transfer to EFS and LSC for 2003–04 unless otherwise indicated.
3. The pupil numbers used are those underlying the SSA/EFS settlement calculations plus PLASC 3-year-old FTE maintained pupils and estimated 3–4 year old pupils funded through state support in maintained and other educational institutions where these are not included in the SSA pupil numbers.
4. 2003–04 figures are forecasts. Figures are in cash terms and rounded to the nearest 10.
5. Pupil numbers have not been calculated on the same basis as those in the local government table, and therefore the unit funding is not directly comparable.
Notes to funding from local government:
1. LEA Budget Figures are provided gross of all income (whether DfES grant, grants from other sources, or other income).
2. Figures provided are from the 'Total Education Revenue Expenditure' line of LEAs section 52 budget statements table 1, as submitted by the LEA (Line 4 in 1999–2000, Line 5 for 2000–01 to 2002–03 and Line 3 for 2003–04).
3. Pupil Numbers for 03–04 are maintained pupils from January 03 ASC and are provisional.
4. Pupil numbers have not been calculated on the same basis as those in the central government list above, and therefore the unit funding is not directly comparable.
5. Figures are as reported by the LEAs as at 30 June 2003.