§ Dr. Julian Lewis
To ask the Secretary of State for Defence if he will list the facilities which will be available to Royal Navy and Royal Marines personnel on deployment to the Gulf as part of the Operational Welfare Package. 
§ Mr. Ingram
The facilities which form the Operational Welfare Package available to Royal Navy and Royal Marine personnel deployed to the Gulf are as follows:
The availability of some of these facilities will vary depending on the type and role of ship.
- Personnel will be entitled to 20 minutes worth of free phone calls each week.
- All units will have access to satellite TV in port.
- Ships have been fitted with as much operational fitness equipment as economically feasible.
- Ships have a selection of magazines which will be delivered on stopovers.
- Ships have a selection of videos and DVDs.
- E-mail facilities will be available to personnel at sea.
- Personnel will receive double the usual laundry allowance.
- Personnel will be entitled to free airmail during the deployment.
- A combined services entertainment show will be arranged for as many personnel as possible if the deployment lasts longer than four months, and if operationally feasible.
- NAAFI services will be provided by the naval canteen services.
- Books are being provided by the Fleet Libraries Office.