HC Deb 29 January 2003 vol 398 c859W
Mr. Jenkin

To ask the Secretary of State for Defence what arrangements are in place for reservists to continue with company pensions when they are called up; and if he will make a statement. [93651]

Dr. Moonie

The Reserve Forces (Call-out and Recall) (Financial Assistance) Regulations 1997 (Statutory Instrument 1997 No 309) allows Reservists to continue payments into their civilian employers' pension scheme while they are called out. Under the regulations, the Ministry of Defence has powers to pay the employer's pension contribution, provided that the reservist continues to pay any employee's share required by the scheme. Pension scheme administrators must accept the MOD's payments for this purpose.