§ Mr. Stephen O'Brien
To ask the Chancellor of the Exchequer what research his Department has 49W undertaken into the progress of member states of the European Union towards achieving the goals set in the Lisbon Strategy in March 2000. 
§ Ruth Kelly
HM Treasury has produced a series of documents on the progress of the EU towards the goals set in the Lisbon strategy.
- 'European Economic Reform; meeting the challenge' (March 2001);
- The Government White Paper, 'Realising Europe's Potential; economic reform in Europe' (February 2002);
- 'Structural Indicators of European economic reform; measuring Europe's progress' (February 2002);
- 'Productivity in the EU, 1979–99', commissioned from Mary O'Mahoney at the National Institute of Economic and Social Research (February 2002); and
- 'Towards Full Employment in the European Union' (July 2002).
All of these documents can be found on the HM Treasury website (www.hm-treasury.gov.uk).
The Treasury will report on developments in European economic reform since the 2002 White Paper in a progress report, to be published shortly.