§ Lord Barnett
asked Her Majesty's Government:
What the key targets are for financial year 2003–04 for the Pay and Personnel Agency. [HL2619]
§ Lord Bach
The chief executive of the Pay and Personnel Agency is responsible for providing civilian pay, pensions and personnel information services for the Ministry of Defence as defined in the agency framework document. The agency will be set the following key performance targets for 2003–04.109WA
1. Achieve 99.0 per cent average timeliness and 97.8 per cent average accuracy for salary payments, expenses payments and pension awards.
2. Increase the number of customer forms available on line from 17 in 2002–03 to 25 by March 2004.
3. Provide customer service and business support for the Human Resources Management System (HRMS) by March 2004.
4. Improve customer satisfaction from 76 per cent in 2000–01 and 85 per cent in 2002–03 to 90 per cent in 2004–05. [Note: this target is measured every other year and will next be measured in 2004].
5. Increase the proportion of the agency covered by a single ISO 9001 2000 quality certification from 85 per cent in 2002–03 to 100 per cent by March 24.
6. Achieve Initial Gate approval for the future pay system by September 2003.
7. Achieve unit costs of no more than: salary payments £10.25, expenses payments £5.75; pension awards £130.00.