§ Mr. Gale
To ask the Secretary of State for Work and Pensions if he will list by(a) date, (b) value and (c) contractor contracts for consultancy and research into (i) smart card and (ii) e-business which have been placed by or for the office of the E-Envoy by (A) competition or (B) single tender in the last 12 months; and if he will make a statement. 
§ Mr. Leslie
I have been asked to reply.548W
(i) Smart card technology
The office of e-Envoy has had two studies over the past 12 months and the details are as follows:
(1) (a) 31 August 2001 (b) £5,000 (c) Alco Partnership. This was by single tender action.
(2) (b) 3 August 2001 (b) £69,000 (c) Logica. This was by competition.
The office of e-Envoy has had five contracts for consultancy and research that cross over onto the e-Business sector that we have listed. Please note these are not solely e-Business as these studies cover other areas such as citizen and public sector.
- (1) (a) 14 July 2001 (b) £516,000 (c) Analysis. This was a study that was to take place over a three-year period looking at international and UK benchmarking (broadband). This was by competition.
- (2) (a) 24 July 2001 (b) £400,000 (c) Analysis\Booz Allen. Consultancy support to the broadband: demand and aggregation in the public sector. This was by competition.
- (3) (a) 23 August 2001 (b) £47,000 (c) Hall Aitken. This was research into internet use in the voluntary and community sectors. Single tender action.
- (4) (a) 11 September 20001 (b) £48,000 (c) De Montfort university. This study was looking at ISP (internet service provider) data to research the business and household internet take up. This was by single tender.
- (5) (a) 13 March 2002 (b) £310,000 (c) Booz Allen. This is research into international benchmarking of the e-Economy. This was by competition.