§ Mr. Burstow
To ask the Secretary of State for Health, (1) pursuant to his answer of 17 April 2002,Official Report, column 1025W, on international recruitment, what the website address listing will be where those agencies who comply with the Code of Practice on International Recruitment will be published; 
(2) pursuant to his answer of 17 April 2002, Official Report, column 1025W, on international recruitment, which (a) international recruitment agencies, (b) their representative bodies and (c) other stakeholders have been asked to establish arrangements whereby agencies can register their agreement to comply with the Code of Practice on international recruitment; 
(3) pursuant to his answer of 17 April 2002, Official Report, column 1025W, on international recruitment, what steps he is taking to ensure that overseas nurses will receive information relating to the compliance of international nurse recruitment agencies to the Code of Practice; 
(4) pursuant to his answer of 17 April 2002, Official Report, column 1025W, on international recruitment, how many of his officials have been assigned to implement the Code of Practice on international nurse recruitment. 160W
§ Mr. Hutton
[holding answer 16 May 2002]The Department of Health is working closely with the Foreign and Commonwealth Office, Work Permits UK, Independent Healthcare Association, Recruitment and Employment Confederation, Registered Nursing Homes Association, UNISON, the Royal College of Nursing and other professional bodies to ensure that all potential recruits have access to comprehensive information and to identify commercial agencies who are recruiting healthcare professionals from abroad.
To date the following agencies have been identified:
- Areo Allied
- BMB International
- Cathy Hardy Associates Ltd.
- D. P. Healthcare
- Drake International
- ETI Recruitment
- Farochilen Nurses Placement
- First Gateway Recruitment Ltd.
- First Call Care Ltd.
- Geneva Health International
- Global Nurses Ltd.
- Global Recruitment Associates Ltd.
- Health Connections
- Health Professionals
- Jenrick Medical
- Kate Cowhig International Recruitment Ltd.
- Medic International
- Nestor Healthcare Group
- Nightingale Nursing
- Norman Broadbent International Executive Search
- O'Grady Peyton Europe
- Prime Time Healthcare
- ProCare Ltd.
- Professional Connections (UK) Ltd.
- Recruitment and Employment Confederation
- RGN Ltd.
- Rutledge Recruitment
- Scotnursing Ltd.
- Search Medical
- Seven Sisters Hospital Services
- St. Georges Ltd.
- Strand Nurses Bureau
- Sugarman Medical Ltd.
- WYMAS International Recruitment department
- Worldwide Healthcare Exchange
- Yorkshire Medical Services.
The final list of agencies who comply will appear on the Department of Health's website at http:// www.doh.gov.uk/international-recruitment
The Department of Health has an international recruitment team of six officials and a network of 12 national health service based international recruitment co-ordinators and advisors working to implement the Code of Practice.161W
Workforce Development Confederations are working with NHS employers to ensure collaborative and ethical international recruitment, including compliance to the Code of Practice, in their area