HC Deb 20 May 2002 vol 386 cc76-7W
Ross Cranston

To ask the Secretary of State for the Home Department if it is his policy to cancel the passport of a child in circumstances where one parent of an estranged couple refuses to transfer it to the parent with sole custody of that child; and if he will make a statement. [55700]

Angela Eagle

The resolution of such issues is a matter for the family courts. The United Kingdom Passport Service advises parents in such circumstances to seek legal advice with a view to obtaining a court order to transfer the passport.