HC Deb 09 May 2002 vol 385 cc341-2W
32. Mr. Gardiner

To ask the Chancellor of the Exchequer if he will ask the Financial Services Authority to issue a formal statement on(a) how the Halifax has handled the dual variable rate mortgage issue since the Ombudsman made his ruling and (b) what steps consumers should take to claim compensation. [53574]

Ruth Kelly

It is for the FSA to take any action it deems appropriate as part of its on-going supervision of banks. The FSA has already published a guide to making a complaint and this is available free from its help desk (0845 606 1234).

Forward to