HL Deb 27 March 2002 vol 633 c60WA
Lord Fearn

asked Her Majesty's Government:

What funding is available to seaside authorities when planning to establish marinas. [HL3304]

The Minister of State, Department for Transport, Local Government and the Regions (Lord Falconer of Thoroton)

Local authorities may use their non-ringfenced basic credit approvals (BCAs), which are issued by the Department for Transport, Local Government and the Regions, to support borrowing for any capital project. Councils may also use the general grant for revenue expenditure which is provided under the local government finance settlement. It is for authorities themselves to determine how they spend their BCAs and their general grant in the light of local needs and priorities for expenditure. Other funding may he available, depending on local circumstances.