HC Deb 04 March 2002 vol 381 c90W
Tom Brake

To ask the Secretary of State for Transport, Local Government and the Regions how his Department define the terms(a) independent advice, (b) independent assessment and (c) independent report when (i) awarding contracts for research and (ii) referring to written documentation published for his Department by outside organisations and bodies. [38965]

Mr. Jamieson

My Department seeks and commissions advice from all types of academics, consultants, committees and other public and private sector enterprises. That advice gives rise to reports, independent of the Department's own view, which may be published by the organisation or by the Department.