§ Mr. Willis
To ask the Secretary of State for Education and Skills if she will list the contracts awarded by her Department since January 2000 for(a) the Fast Track Teaching Programme, (b) the Teachers' International Professional Development Scheme and (c) leasing laptop computers to teachers, stating in each case (i) the name of the successful contractor and (ii) whether the contracts were subject to open tender. 
§ Mr. Miliband
Contracts have been let forthe development and delivery of the Fast Track Teaching Programme to Interactive Skills, for the assessment and selection of applicants and the staging of three professional development 828W events; and to the Centre for British Teaching, for the provision of on-going professional development and job-finding services. Contracts were subject to open tender;the delivery of the Teachers' International Professional Development (TIPD) programme to the bodies listed below. The first three of these contracts were awarded to the organisations which had completed the relevant pilot work. The other four were subject to competitive tender to a number of selected providers:
- 1. British Council for the provision of short-term visits and exchanges
- 2. Technology Colleges Trust for the provision of short-term visits
- 3. League for the Exchange of Commonwealth Teachers for the provision of short-term visits
- 4. British Council for the provision of visits on the school determined element
- 5. National Foundation for Education Research for the evaluation of the TIPD programme
- 6. Technology Colleges Trust for the provision of short-term visits
- 7. League for the Exchange of Commonwealth Teachers for the provision of short-term visits;the purchase of laptops under the Laptops for Teachers scheme to the suppliers listed below. Contracts were subject to open tender:
- Acer UK Ltd.
- Canon UK Ltd.
- Compaq Computer Ltd.
- DELL Computer Corporation Ltd.
- Egton Consulting and Technical
- Ergo Computing UK Ltd.
- European Electronique
- Hi-Grade Computers plc
- IBM UK Ltd.
- Links Education Limited
- NEC Computers International
- Novatech Direct Ltd.
- PC World Business
- RM plc
- Teksys Ltd.
- Tulip Computers
- Viglen Ltd.
- Watford Electronics
- XMA Ltd.