HC Deb 17 June 2002 vol 387 c94W
David Hamilton

To ask the Secretary of State for Work and Pensions, pursuant to the answer of 15 May 2002,Official Report, column 680W, on pension entitlement, how many cases have been referred to the (a) OPRA, (b) PAS and (c) pensions ombudsman since 1997. [60805]

Mr. McCartney

The Pensions Advisory Service (PAS) and the pensions ombudsman can deal with inquiries or complaints that arise from the situation where a public sector employee has had their accrued pension entitlement withdrawn, but they do not keep records that would enable such cases to be individually identified. The Occupational Pensions Regulatory Authority has no power to intervene against any employer that has lawfully withdrawn pension entitlements from employees.