HC Deb 10 June 2002 vol 386 c964W
Mr. Webb

To ask the Parliamentary Secretary, Lord Chancellor's Department how much was spent by her Department on paying pensions to retired employees of her Department in 2001–02; if she will estimate the corresponding amounts to be spent in(a) five years' time, (b) 10 years' time, (c) 20 years' time and (d) 30 years' time; if she will estimate in each case the proportion of such liabilities which will arise from (i) unfunded pension schemes and (ii) pre-funded pension schemes; and in the case of pre-funded schemes, if she will estimate the value of the corresponding pre-funded funds in each of these years. [57358]

Ms Rosie Winterton

Civil servants are eligible for membership of an occupational pension scheme—the Principal Civil Service Pension Scheme (PCSPS). Pensions of retired members of the scheme are paid centrally by the Cabinet Office, who have responded to this question, and I refer the hon. Member to the answer given to him by the hon. Member for Shipley (Mr. Leslie) on 23 May 2002,Official Report, column 561W.