HC Deb 10 June 2002 vol 386 c837W
Mr. Webb

To ask the Chancellor of the Exchequer how much was spent by his Department on paying pensions to retired employees of his Department in 2001–02; if he will estimate the corresponding amounts to be spent in(a) five years' time, (b) 10 years' time, (c) 20 years' time and (d) 30 years' time; if he will estimate in each case the proportion of such liabilities which will arise from (i) unfunded pension schemes and (ii) pre-funded pension schemes; and in the case of pre-funded schemes, if he will estimate the value of the corresponding pre-funded funds in each of these years. [57356]

Mr. Boateng

[holding answer 20 May 2002]: Pensions of retired civil servants are paid centrally by the Cabinet Office from an unfunded scheme, the Principal Civil Service Pension Scheme. For information on the PCSPS I refer to the answer given by my hon. Friend the Parliamentary Secretary, Cabinet Office, on 23 May 2002, Official Report, column 561W.