§ Mr. Hutton
The information requested is provided in the table.
England London region Three month vacancy rate Qualified staff (per cent.) 3.1 6.1 Three month vacancy numbers (wte) Qualified staff 8,390 2,750 Staff in post (wte) Qualified staff 255,760 41,980 Staff in Post (head count) Qualified staff 299.950 46,470
1. Three month vacancies are vacancies as at 31 March 2002 which trusts are actively trying to fill, which have lasted for three months or more (whole time equivalent)
2. Three month vacancy rates are three month vacancies expressed as a percentage of three month vacancies plus staff in post from this survey.
3. Vacancy and staff in post numbers are rounded to the nearest 10.
4. Percentages are rounded to one decimal place.
5. Due to rounding calculating the vacancy rates using the above data may not equal the actual.
6. Staff in data is from the non-medical work force census September 2001.
Department of Health Vacancy Survey 2002
Department of Health non medical work force census September 2001