§ Matthew Taylor
To ask the Chancellor of the Exchequer on which projects the public sector classification committee of the Office of National Statistics has been asked to comment since 1 January. 
§ Ruth Kelly
The answer requested falls within the responsibility of the National Statistician. I have asked him to reply.
Letter from Karen Dunnell to Mr. Taylor, dated 8 July 2002:
The National Statistician has been asked to reply to your recent question on which projects the Public Sector Classification Committee of the Office for National Statistics has been asked to comment since I' January. I am replying in his absence. (66718)
The public sector classification committee (PSCC) considers a wide range of projects as the need arises. Four of these are currently confidential or market sensitive. The others are in the list below.
- New Tax Credits—discussion complete in 2001, but announced since 1 January.
- Network Rail
- Support for insurance of terrorist risks to aviation industry Sale and leaseback of buildings in Austria
- Electricity Companies Renewables Obligation
- Diamond Synchrotron Centre Ltd
- Offshore Petroleum Licensing
- Treatment of legacy European currencies
- Guarantees for loans to Railtrack plc in Administration
- Royal household departments
- Imputed taxes and subsidies—developing general principles
- NTL restructuring—treatment of debt for equity swap
- Office of Communications (OFCOM)
- Government support for Network Rail