HC Deb 30 January 2002 vol 379 c331W
Chris Ruane

To ask the Secretary of State for Transport, Local Government and the Regions how many child workers were registered with local authorities in each of the last 20 years. [25016]

Jacqui Smith

I have been asked to reply.

Children and young people below the minimum school leaving age wishing to work must obtain permits from their local authority allowing them to do so. Numbers are not collected centrally.

Forward to