HC Deb 24 January 2002 vol 378 c1090W
John Mann

To ask the Secretary of State for Health what plans he has to bring forward changes to the Human Fertilisation and Embryology Act 1990 to allow a child of a deceased father to include his or her father's name on their birth certificate. [29296]

Yvette Cooper

We supported a private Members Bill on this last year, which unfortunately had not completed all its stages when the general election was called. We are committed to bring forward this legislation as soon as parliamentary time is found.

Forward to