HC Deb 24 January 2002 vol 378 c1029W
Mr. Watts

To ask the Secretary of State for Environment, Food and Rural Affairs what compensation is paid to farmers whose applications are wrongly assessed by her Department. [28365]

Mr. Morley

Compensation in the form of interest may be paid to applicants where three criteria are met. These are that the Department was entirely at fault, it was entirely due to an administrative error and it could have been avoided.