HC Deb 12 February 2002 vol 380 c253W
Andy King

To ask the Secretary of State for Work and Pensions what guidelines on the minimum incomes for healthy living for(a) pregnant women, (b) families,(c) single adults and (d) pensioners (i) before and (ii) after rent and council tax his Department (A) takes into account and (B) provides to other Government departments when decisions are being made about the levels of (1) council tax, (2) income tax, (3) housing and council tax benefits, (4) income support and jobseeker's allowance, (5) working families tax credit and (6) the minimum wage. [34881]

Malcolm Wicks

The levels of social security benefits are reviewed each year and approved by Parliament. A range of factors is considered when reviewing benefit levels. The Department does not produce guidelines on minimum incomes.