§ Mr. Bercow
To ask the Secretary of State for the Home Department if delivery of the action points in Living Without Fear will be completed by the target date. 
§ Mr. Denham
[holding answer 10 April 2002]: The great majority of the action points have been completed by the target date, including the funding of 58 projects combating violence against women under the Crime Reduction Programme, the publication in March 2000 of the Multi-Agency Guidance for Addressing Domestic Violence, and the increase of the annual grant to Victim Support to £25 million from April 2001. Police performance indicators have been introduced as part of the development of a consistent approach to the use of data on violence against women.
A new ministerial group on domestic violence ensures that the agenda for development of work in this area is kept relevant and focused. Five key headline areas of work have emerged as priorities for the group:
- early intervention by health professionals;
- improving the way in which criminal and civil jurisdiction work together in domestic violence cases;
- promotion of safe accommodation choices for women and children fleeing domestic violence;
- education and awareness raising; and
- ensuring an appropriate and consistent police and Crown Prosecution Service response to domestic violence.