§ Jane Kennedy
The information requested is as followsNorthern Ireland Civil Servants
- Senior Civil Servants—retire at 601
- Grade A and analogous—retire at 601
- Grade B1 and analogous—retire at 601
- Grade B2 and analogous—retire at 601
- Grade C and analogous—retire at 601
- Grade D1 and analogous—retire at 65
- Grade D2, temporary and analogous—retire at 65Northern Ireland Office Home Civil Servants
- Minimum retirement age 60 for all grades
- Maximum retirement age 70 (though exception can be made).
- 1The Department may, in exceptional cases, retain an officer, who would otherwise be required to retire at 60, where it is satisfied that it is in the overriding interest of the service to do so.
With effect from 1 April 1996 new recruits at D1, D2 and analogous must retire at 60.