HC Deb 08 November 2001 vol 374 c360W
Dr. Fox

To ask the Secretary of State for Health what definition of a health and social care change agent is used in relation to investment in reducing delayed discharges. [12700]

Jacqui Smith

[holding answer 6 November 2001]: A health and social care change agent is defined as a member of the change agents team who addresses the issue of delayed discharge by practical action and advice to support local national health service and social services management. The work of the change agents is likely to cover local implementation of relevant standards of the National Service Framework for Older People, particularly including development of care trusts, where these may impact on bed blocking locally.

Back to
Forward to