§ Dr. Cable
To ask the Secretary of State for Transport, Local Government arid the Regions what application he has received from the Port of London Authority under section 14 of the Harbours Act 1964 concerning changes to their Act and proposals for a statutory instrument; what correspondence he has received from objectors or potential objectors to the proposed statutory instrument; what steps he has taken to ensure that those most likely to be affected have been consulted; and if he will make a statement on his intentions.
§ Mr. Jamieson
The Port of London Authority's application for a Harbour Revision Order was advertised in theLondon Gazette and various local newspapers. The Secretary of State received objections or representations from the following:
- St. Pancras Cruising Club
- Thames Boating Trades Association
- Residential Boat Owners Association
- TGWU South East and East Anglia
- Thames Passenger Services Federation
- London Tideway Harbour Company Ltd.
- The Company of Watermen and Lightermen of the River Thames
- Toughs Boatyard Ltd.
- Royal Yachting Association
- Royal National Lifeboat Institution
- Inland Waterways Association
- The Barge Association
- River Association for Freight and Transport
- British Marine Industries Federation
- Association of Waterways Cruising Clubs
- National Association of Boat Owners
- Commercial Boat Owners Association.
All of the objections and representations were copied to the PLA who are currently involved in discussions with a view to resolving the various concerns. The Secretary of State is awaiting the outcome of these discussions before deciding whether or not to call a public inquiry.