HC Deb 06 November 2001 vol 374 cc227-8W
Dr. Fox

To ask the Secretary of State for Health how many children were being looked after in children's homes in each year since 1997.[12706]

Mr. Hutton

In order to practise in the United Kingdom, all doctors must be registered with the General Medical Council.

Overseas hospital doctors employed in the national health service are subject to exactly the same disciplinary regimes as all other doctors. Also, overseas doctors working as general practitioners in the NHS are subject to the same disciplinary systems as other GPs.