§ Baroness Billingham
asked Her Majesty's Government:
What targets have they set the Veterinary Laboratories Agency for 2001–02 [HL2151]
§ Baroness Hayman
The Veterinary Laboratories Agency has been set the following performance targets for 2001–02.
- To achieve procurement savings of £400k.
- Set a baseline (first six months) and improve (second six months) the proportion of overheads against turnover.
- To achieve 85 per cent of ROAME R&D milestones.
- To deliver 92 per cent of export tests to published turnaround times.
- Draw up a numerical transparent customer satisfaction system in agreement with customers.
- To achieve a satisfactory outcome of VLA's independent scientific audit.
- Achieve ISO9000 certification for biotechnology.
- Achieve UKAS accreditation for laboratory testing at Lasswade.
- To achieve UKAS accreditation for mycoplasma serology, culture and identification.
- To recover the full economic cost (before exceptional items and calculated in accordance with resource accounting principles) of its services.
- To achieve an overall income of at least £56.3 million from MAFF, including the work won in open competition.