§ Baroness Billingham
asked Her Majesty's Government:
What targets they have set the Central Science Laboratory for 2001–02. [HL2154]
§ Baroness Hayman
The Central Science Laboratory has been set the following performance targets for 2001–02.
To recover the full economic costs of operation on a resource accounting basis, recognising the normal costs of operation.
- To deliver the efficiency targets set out in the Business Plan.
- Achieve a ratio of 79:21 or better of direct fee-earning staff in relation to total overhead staff.
- Achieve a minimum of £73k income per fee earner.
- Achieve a minimum of £21k non-MAFF income per fee earner.
Quality and Service Delivery:
- To achieve a minimum of 85 per cent of project milestones in MAFF commissioned projects.
- To achieve a mean score of 3.7 on a scale of 0 to 5 for the assessment of customer satisfaction using the revised methodology.
- To implement a new financial system by March 2002.
- To manage the agency in an effective manner.