HC Deb 26 March 2001 vol 365 c504W
Ms Coffey

To ask the Secretary of State for Education and Employment what discussions he has had with Treasury Ministers about the extension of the Child Care Tax Credit to cover formal child care in the home; and if he will make a statement. [154565]

Ms Hodge

My right hon. Friend the Chancellor announced in the Budget recently that the Government are considering this matter, in particular to help families who may need care in the home because they are shiftworkers or have children with disabilities. I keep in close touch with my hon. Friend the Paymaster General on this issue.