HC Deb 22 March 2001 vol 365 c300W
Mr. Matthew Taylor

To ask the Secretary of State for Defence if he will send a team of his staff to the United States to evaluate the system under which the US Government provide compensation to former military personnel who have developed illnesses as a result of taking part in chemical warfare experiments.[154793]

Dr. Moonie

I have no plans to do so. The Ministry of Defence has a Liaison Officer in Washington D.C. who can gather information on US arrangements for paying compensation to veterans who participated in trials in the US, should there be a need to do so.