§ Ms Beverley Hughes
The main departmental or agency logo and brand development costs that can be separately identified since 1 May 1997 are £176,690.
This figure covers development of the following logos:
- DETR corporate
- Maritime and Coastguard Agency corporate
- Driving Standards Agency corporate
- The Rent Service Agency corporate
- Think! Road Safety campaign
- Sustainable Development
- Beacon Councils
- Best Value
- National Land Use database
- English House Condition Survey
- Supporting People (which promotes housing-related services to improve the quality of life for vulnerable people).
Expenditure on departmental logos and branding is sometimes part of advertising and publicity campaigns. In a few cases expenditure cannot easily be separated out. It is, however, included in replies to Parliamentary questions about advertising expenditure, the most recent of which can be found in my answer of 15 February 2001, Official Report, column 222W.