HC Deb 18 January 2001 vol 361 cc389-90W
Mr. Welsh

To ask the Secretary of State for Social Security if he will list the benefit claims forms that referred claimants to the Citizens Advice Bureaux Service for assistance and advice in their completion as at 31 December 2000; what percentage of documents issued referred benefits claimants to Citizens Advice Bureaux in each year from 1996 to 2000; and what discussions the Government have had with the National Association of Citizens Advice Bureaux in respect of the inclusion of such references to advice. [146091]

Angela Eagle

DSS claim packs and forms refer customers to Citizens Advice Bureaux (CABs) for general advice. They do not direct them to CABs for claim pack or form completion.

These references have been discussed with the National Association of Citizens Advice Bureaux (NACAB).

At present, 40 forms out of a total of 52 contain a reference to the CABs ie 76.92 per cent. Figures for the years 1996 to 2000 are not available.

The claim forms that refer to CABs for advice and assistance are listed as follows: Attendance Allowance

  • DS2
  • DS2A
  • DS1140
  • DS263
The Child Benefit claim pack Disability Living Allowance
  • DLA1
  • DLA1A
  • DLA434
  • DLA580
  • DLA581
  • DLA582
  • and child versions of each of the DLA forms
Guardian's Allowance
  • BG1
Housing Benefit and Council Tax Benefit
  • NHB1A
Invalid Care Allowance
  • DS700
Incapacity Benefit
  • SC1
  • SSP1
Income Support
  • A1
Industrial Injuries Disablement Benefit
  • BI100-A
  • BI100-B
  • BI100-C
  • BI100-E
  • BI100-OA
  • BI100-OD
  • BI100-PN
Jobseeker's Allowance
  • JSA1
  • JSA2
  • JSA3
  • JSA4
  • JSA4A
Severe Disablement Allowance
  • SDA1
Social Fund
  • SF100
  • SF300
  • SF401
  • SD500.