HC Deb 07 February 2001 vol 362 c554W
Mr. Brady

To ask the Secretary of State for Social Security if he will list the projects undertaken for his Department by(a) outside consultants, (b) academic researchers and (c) university departments since 1 May 1997, giving the total expenditure incurred in each category. [144077]

Mr. Rooker

The information requested regarding outside consultants could be provided only at disproportionate cost.

The Department commissions a wide range of social research to help inform, develop and evaluate its policies; academic researchers carry out a significant proportion of this work. Details of all social research commissioned by the Department, including costs, are listed in the Department's Social Security Research Yearbook, which is published annually. Copies are in the Library.