HL Deb 05 December 2001 vol 629 c136WA
Baroness Sharpies

asked Her Majesty's Government:

To which places asylum seekers are entitled to travel outside the United Kingdom; and which United Kingdom-generated documents verifying their identity allow them to travel back and forth outside the United Kingdom borders. [HL1667]

The Minister of State, Home Office (Lord Rooker)

In general asylum seekers are expected to stay in the country where they have sought protection until their applications have been finally determined and therefore no travel documents are issued.

Back to