HC Deb 10 November 2000 vol 356 c432W
Mr. Ruane

To ask the Secretary of State for Health if he will estimate how many children were working illegally in each of the last 10 years. [137824]

Mr. Hutton

Information on the number of children employed is not collected centrally. Local authorities regulate children's employment through byelaws which are confirmed by the Secretary of State for Health in England, and the National Assembly for Wales in Wales. It is the responsibility of individual local authorities to ensure enforcement of their byelaws.

Back to