HC Deb 08 November 2000 vol 356 c243W
Mr. Edwards

To ask the Secretary of State for Education and Employment what redress is available to parents when a local education authority fails to identify a named person on statements for pupils with special educational needs. [137102]

Jacqui Smith

Should a local education authority fail to give notice in writing to the parent of the name of the person to whom he may apply for information and advice about the child's special educational needs when serving a copy of the statement on the parent of the child, the parent should ask the LEA to do so immediately. If this does not succeed, it is open to the parent to ask the Secretary of State to investigate in order to try and resolve the issue.