HC Deb 05 May 2000 vol 349 cc237-8W
Mr. Redwood

To ask the Secretary of State for Trade and Industry what is the policy of(a) the EU and (b) the United Kingdom Government towards paying grant for trading losses by manufacturing businesses. [120860]

Mr. Byers

Any grants paid by the EU Governments to manufacturing companies must fall within the EU State aid rules, which are detailed in Volume 2a of "Competition Law in the European Community", a copy of which is in the Library of the House.