§ Mr. Ingram
The Northern Ireland Prison Service's Corporate and Business Plan for 2000–03 was published today. The following key performance targets have been set for 2000–01:
- 1. To ensure 100 per cent. security for prisoners in high and top risk categories.
- 2. To ensure at least 99.5 per cent. security for prisoners in medium and low risk categories.
- 3. To ensure that the number of assaults by prisoners on staff is less than the 1999–2000 level of 9.4 per 100 prisoners.
- 4. To ensure that the number of assaults by prisoners on prisoners is less than the 1999–2000 level of 9.5 per 100 prisoners.
- 5. To achieve an 80 per cent. utilisation of available places in education, and training and employment workshops.
- 6. To ensure that an average of at least 50 per cent. of the eligible prison population is working to a sentence plan.
- 7. To evaluate the system of booked visits and, if appropriate, introduce to a second establishment by March 2001.
- 8. To achieve an average of at least five days development and training per member of staff.
- 9. To ensure that the average cost per prisoner place does not exceed the range £76,000-£81,000.