HC Deb 17 March 2000 vol 346 c349W
Mr. Malcolm Bruce

To ask the Secretary of State for Social Security if he will bring forward proposals to provide compensation to those in receipt of a state pension in Scotland for the recent increases in water charges; and if he will make a statement. [114679]

Mr. Rooker

[holding answer 16 March 2000]: No. Social Security benefits are paid at a set UK rate. Account is taken of a wide range of goods and services, including water charges across the UK.