§ Mr. Norman
To ask the Secretary of State for the Environment, Transport and the Regions if he will list the applications that are outstanding by type and capacity for the construction of incinerators. 
§ Mr. Meacher
In England and Wales the Environment Agency is responsible for regulating waste incineration processes described in part A of sections 1.3(C) and 5.1 of the Environmental Protection (Prescribed Processes and Substances) Regulation SI19991/No. 472.
The operators set out have made an application to the Agency for an IPC authorisation, or for a variation to conditions attached to their current authorisation. The list also incorporates any variations to conditions that have been initiated by the Agency. The lists do not include applications made for incinerator units acting as abatement equipment (e.g. chemical manufacturing plant), or for the incineration of waste in plant whose primary purpose is some other purpose (e.g. cement works). The capacity of each individual incinerator application is not held centrally by the Agency.
Information on land-use planning applications is held by local planning authorities.Section 1.3 (C)—burning waste oil, recovered oil or fuel manufactured from or comprising waste
- Soiree Ltd.
- Jaguar Cars Ltd.
- Fibrogen Ltd.
Section 5.1 (a)—destruction by burning in an incinerator of waste plastics, chemicals or wastes arising from chemicals or plastics manufacture
- Thames Water Utilities Ltd. (two applications)
- White Rose Environment Ltd.
- Eurocare Environmental Services Ltd.Section 5,1 (b)—destruction by burning of bromine, cadmium, chlorine, fluorine, iodine, lead, mercury, nitrogen, phosphorus, sulphur and zinc containing wastes
- Merck Sharp and Dohme Ltd.
- Medipower Services Ltd.
- The BOC GroupSection 5.1 (C)-destruction by burning of any other waste, including animal remains, where the plant is designed to incinerate in excess of 1 tph (including municipal waste)
- Kent Enviropower Ltd.
- Yorkshire Water Services Ltd. (four applications)
- WRE Services Ltd.
- Onyx Hampshire Ltd.
- Shanks Chemical Services Ltd.
- Northwick Park Hospital
- White Rose Environmental Ltd.
- RMC Tilbury Aggregates Ltd.