HC Deb 28 July 2000 vol 354 c926W
Mr. Cox

To ask the Secretary of State for the Environment, Transport and the Regions what his Department's policy is on the selling of local authority housing in the Greater London area. [133548]

Mr. Mullin

Local authorities can sell houses voluntarily to tenants and in some cases tenants have the right to buy. The Government do not intend to make any significant changes to the current right to buy scheme.