HC Deb 11 July 2000 vol 353 c484W
Mrs. Lait

To ask the Secretary of State for Social Security what income support benefits are available to British pensioners living in other EU countries other than basic state pension and disability benefits. [129737]

Angela Eagle

Most of the contributory benefits, with the exception of contribution-based Jobseeker's Allowance are available to pensioners living in other EU countries. However, it is a condition of entitlement to the income related benefits (Income Support, income-based Jobseeker's Allowance, Housing Benefit and Council Tax Benefit) that a person is resident in Great Britain.