HC Deb 05 July 2000 vol 353 cc216-7W
Dr. Lynne Jones

To ask the Secretary of State for Social Security, in cases where the right to pay reduced rate of national insurance contributions has been lost after two complete tax years out of the labour market or without paying national insurance, if home responsibilities protection, where appropriate, is awarded for retirement purposes. [128597]

Mr. Rooker

Married women and widows cannot get home responsibilities protection (HRP) for any tax year in which they have reduced contribution liability. if they lose their right to reduced liability they can get HRP provided they meet the qualifying conditions.

Forward to