HC Deb 10 January 2000 vol 342 cc49-50W
Dr. Lynne Jones

To ask the Secretary of State for Health how much his Department has spent on ministerial transport in each of the last two years. [98694]

Yvette Cooper

In accordance with the terms of the "Ministerial Code" and "Travel by Ministers", Ministers are required to make efficient and cost-effective travel arrangements. For Ministers in the Department, this is done through the Government Car Service.

For information on spend on the Government Car Service, I refer my hon. Friend to the answer given by my right hon. Friend the Minister of State, Cabinet Office, on 25 November 1999, Official Report, columns 199–200W.

Back to