HC Deb 18 April 2000 vol 348 c452W
Mr. Gill

To ask the Secretary of State for the Environment, Transport and the Regions if he will take steps to exempt farm attractions from the provisions of the Zoo Licensing Act 1981. [119699]

Mr. Mullin

The Zoo Licensing Act 1981 requires any establishment where wild animals are kept for exhibition (other than a circus or pet shop) to which members of the public have access, with or without charge for admission, on more than seven days in any period of 12 consecutive months, to be licensed.

Farm attractions which keep wild animals would qualify as zoos under the Act. There are no plans to exempt them from its provisions.