HC Deb 29 March 1999 vol 328 cc459-61W
Mr. Maclean

To ask the Secretary of State for the Environment, Transport and the Regions if he will list for(a) small and medium-sized enterprises and (b) larger companies (i) all licences and permits issued by his Department and its agencies to companies permitting them to carry out their business, (ii) the cost of each such licence or permit in (A) 1997–98 and (B) 1999–2000 and (iii) the current number of companies which are in receipt of each such licence or permit. [76857]

Dr. Reid

[holding answer 16 March 1999]The licences for which my Department is directly responsible are listed. The information requested for each of these licences is not held centrally and cannot be provided except at disproportionate cost. In some cases, details of individual licences issued are held on public registers, while a data base of guidance and forms is available on the Direct Access Government website.

Licences issued by the Department of the Environment, Transport and the Regions and its Executive Agencies

  • Waste Management Licences
  • Water Abstraction Licences
  • Consents to Control Discharges to Water and Sewers
  • Licence for the Operation of Potentially Polluting Industrial Processes
  • 460
  • Licence Consent for the Release or Marketing of Genetically Modified Organisms (GMOs)
  • Part B consents for research purposes
  • Part C consents to place products on the European market
  • Hazardous Substances Consents
  • Licences in Respect of Radioactive Materials and Waste
  • CITES Import Export Licences
  • CITES Sales Certificates
  • Bird Licences
  • Camping Site Licences
  • Navigation Licences
  • Manufacture and Handling of Asbestos Products

Explosives Licences

  • Construction and security of explosive factories and magazines
  • Construction and security of explosives stores (Issued by Local Authorities)
  • Construction and security of premises used for keeping explosives (Registration eg for fireworks sales issued by Local Authorities)
  • Licences for importation and manufacture of Acetylene
  • Manufacture of explosives from ammonium nitrate
  • Storage and handling of dangerous substances in harbour areas Storage of Petroleum Products
  • Road Haulage EC Cabotage Permits (earmarked for abolition)
  • Various International Road Haulage, Coach Operator and Cabotage Permits
  • Public Service Vehicle (PSV) Operator Licences
  • Goods Vehicle Operator Licences
  • Licences Issued by the Regulator (to operate a network, station, depot, passenger or non-passenger service etc.), under Section 6 of the Railways Act 1993
  • Licences Issued under Section 8 of the Railways Act 1993 (international services)
  • In Vehicle Driver Information System
  • Street Works Licences
  • EU Coach Service Authorisations and Cabotage Permits
  • Approved Driving Instructors
  • Approved Training Bodies (learner motorcycle training)
  • Tachograph Testing Centres
  • Permit to Operate High Speed Craft (including hovercraft)
  • Register of British Hovercraft
  • Register of British Shipping
  • Boatmasters Licence
  • MOT Examiners
  • The London Local Service Licence
  • Approval of Business to Train for the Carrying of Dangerous Goods
  • Street Work Licences
  • Air Operator Certificates
  • Certificate of Airworthiness
  • Aerodrome Licence
  • Aerial Application Certificates
  • Air Travel Operating Licences
  • Air Carrier Operating Licences
  • Air Carrier Route Licences
  • Air Transport Licences
  • Double Arrow Logo
  • Airline Operating Permits.