§ Mrs. Dunwoody
To ask the Secretary of State for the Environment, Transport and the Regions what progress has been made in publishing the daughter documents to the White Paper, "A New Deal for Transport", Cm 3950. 
§ Mr. Prescott
Last July's White Paper on the Future of Transport identified nine associated publications which would set out in more detail the proposals in the White Paper. Seven have already been published:
- A New Deal for the Railways: response to the Environment, Transport and Regional Affairs Select Committee
- A New Deal for Trunk Roads in England
- Guidance on local transport plans
- Breaking the Logjam: consultation on road user and workplace parking charges
- British Shipping—charting a new course
- Sustainable distribution: a strategy
- From Workhorse to Thoroughbred: a better role for bus travel.
Of the remaining documents, the report on inland waterways will be published in the next few months. The document on road safety policy, setting out the Government's strategy and targets for beyond 2000, will follow in the autumn and will reflect the findings of the speed policy review. We have since announced that a further daughter document, on ports policy, will be published; a policy paper is currently out for consultation 470W and the document should be issued later this year. The Government will also this summer be issuing its action plan to encourage walking.