§ Ms Osborne
To ask the Secretary of State for Scotland if he will list the members of the committee established under Lord MacLean to review the sentencing and treatment of serious violent and sexual offenders. 
§ Mr. McLeish
[pursuant to his reply, 19 March 1999, c. 841]: The membership details in the previous reply were incorrectly reproduced.133W
The following have accepted my invitation to serve on Lord MacLean's Committee:
- Mr. Andrew Brown, Chief Constable, Grampian Police
- Mr. David Burns QC, Advocate
- Dr. Derek Chiswick, Consultant Psychiatrist, Edinburgh Healthcare NHS Trust
- Professor David Cooke, Professor of Forensic Psychology, Glasgow Caledonian University
- Mr. David Crawford, Head of Operations, Social Work Department, Renfrewshire Council
- Ms Jeane Freeman, Parole Board member, Chief Executive, APEX
- Professor Christopher Gane, Professor of Scots Law, University of Aberdeen
- Mr. William Gilchrist, Regional Procurator Fiscal, North Strathclyde
- Mr. Roger Houchin, Governor, Barlinnie Prison
- Mr. Murray Macara, Solicitor Advocate, Beltrami and Co.
- Mr. Jamie Malcolm, Nursing Officer, Mental Welfare Commission for Scotland
- Dr. Linda Treliving, Consultant Psychotherapist, Dundee Healthcare NHS Trust
- Sheriff Charles Stoddart, Director of Judicial Studies.
Arrangements for taking evidence will be announced later.