§ Mr. Lock
To ask the Secretary of State for the Environment, Transport and the Regions if he will list (i) the names of the beneficiaries of all the discretionary grants awarded by his Department to organisations within Worcestershire during 1998, (ii) their monetary value, (iii) their total value and (iv) the proportion that that total sum comprises of the total sums awarded by his Department in discretionary grants in 1998. 
§ Mr. Meale
The information requested is not available in the format requested. In 1998–99 the following resources were awarded by the Department.460W
1. Grants are paid under the Single Regeneration Budget as follows:
Recipient Value (£) Scheme Hereford & Worcester Chamber of Commerce Training and Enterprise (H&W CCTE) 90,000 Improving Labour Market Flexibility H&W CCTE 420,000 H & W Job Creation H&W CCTE 20,000 Ethnic Minorities in Worcester Malvern Hills 216,800 Malvern Hills Science Park Redditch 1,286,430 Redditch Community Works Percentage of West Midlands Regional Total 13.3% 1 Of West Midlands SRB total
2. The Department provides for the local authorities under Housing Investment Programme (HIP) allocations and resources under the Capital Receipts Initiative (CRI) to support housing improvements as follows:
Local authority HIP (£) CRI (£) Bromsgrove 482,000 577,000 Malvern Hills 505,000 0 Redditch 961,000 905,000 Worcester 1,135,000 678,000 Wychavon 552,000 0 Wyre Forest 1,118,000 838,000 Percentage of West Midlands Regional Total 5.7% 4.8%
3. The Cash Incentive Scheme is a scheme designed to assist council tenants or licensees to purchase their own home in the private sector there by releasing their council accommodation for others in housing need.
Local authority Cash Incentive Scheme (£) Bromsgrove 65,000 Redditch 50,000 Worcester 60,000 Percentage of West Midlands Regional Resources 4.8%
4. The Capital Challenge programme is a 3 year pilot programme begun in 1997–98 to test the challenge/bidding approach to any and all aspects of capital across all services for which local authorities are responsible.
Local authority Value (£) Scheme Worcester City Council 350,000 Dines Green Community Centre Worcestershire Council 617,500 Primary School at Warndon Redditch 550,000 Arrow Valley Environmental Education and Watersports Centre Percentage of West Midlands Regional Total 5%
5. Grants are paid to local authorities in Worcester under the Bellwin scheme of emergency financial assistance.
Local authority Value (£) Wychavon 10,294 Worcester City Council 7,164 Total Bellwin payments for West Midlands in 1998/99 84,540 Percentage of West Midlands Regional Total 21%
6. Transport Supplementary Grant is paid to local highway authorities in England in support of road projects:
Local authority Value (£) Worcestershire 1,565,000 Total Transport Supplementary Grant for West Midlands 21,984,000 Percentage of West Midlands Regional Total 7%
7. Grants paid through the Housing Corporation to Registered Social Landlords (RSLs):
Approved Development Programme (Social Housing Grant) £ Registered Social Landlord (RSL) Amount of grant paid Advance 78,750 Bourneville Village 72,690 Bromford 188,186 Bromford Charitable 65,319 Bromsgrove United 65,975 Droitwich Spa 192,422 Elgar 135,416 Evesham & Pershore 63,414 Guinness Trust 12,808 Harden 118,474 Housing 21 12,641 Jephson Homes 54,855 Sanctuary 52,264 Waterloo 169,332 Worcestershire 224,105 Total 1,506,651
Percentage of West Midlands Regional Total is not readily available
Supported Housing Management Grant £ Registered Social Landlord Amount of grant paid Advance 97,420 Bromford 38,400 Bromford Charitable 13,875 Droitwich Spa 36,900 Elgar 18,000 Evesham & Pershore 38,696 Focus 20,544 Friendship Housing 10,800 Harden 20,156 Midland Area 12,640 Redditch YMCA 46,400 Sanctuary 123,812 Stonham 193,677 Worcestershire 52,368 Total 723,688
Percentage of West Midlands Regional Total is not readily available462W