HC Deb 15 March 1999 vol 327 c494W
30. Ms Coffey

To ask the Secretary of State for the Home Department if he will make a statement on the availability of criminal records of children looked after by one local authority and placed in another local authority area to the local police in that area. [74606]

Mr. Boateng

Details of the criminal records of individuals who come to police notice can be accessed by the police directly from the national criminal records database on the Police National Computer or from local police records.